I hope you had a restful and nice Thanksgiving break. Here’s some updates for this week:
- midterm 3: Tuesday, Dec 3 in class. This exam can only help you grade, not hurt it, as I drop the lowest midterm grade per the syllabus description.
- Problem Set 15 is posted. It is an optional assignment, which means it will not be graded, though solutions will be posted. You should still work through it, as you will be responsible for the content on the final exam
- The final exam is Thursday, Dec 12 from 3-5pm in Physics 208, as has been scheduled since the beginning of the semester. I will have office hours on W, Dec 11 from 9-10am and 3:30-4:30pm to help you study.
See you soon!
Hi all, I posted a bunch of stuff:
- Practice midterm 3 + solutions
- Solutions to midterms 1 & 2
- Links to online videos of our lecture for Nov 21. You can watch the lectures and do the small group work from wherever you want.
All this stuff is on the “lectures and HW” tab.
Due to travel constraints this week, my office hours on Oct 2 will be 11am-noon in Physics 229B, as highlighted on the course google calendar. As usual, you can always email to set up an appointment for office hours with me. This is my last trip for the semester, so thanks for your patience.
Just wanted to highlight that the solutions to the Week 2 HW have now been posted, along with the formula sheet for midterm 1, under the “Lectures and HW” tab.
I am excited to announce that there will be a pizza and mentoring night on Thursday, Sept 19th from 6-8pm in Physics 204 with mentors from the Society of Physics Students available to help you study for your first midterm.
Recitations will be W at 5:50-6:45pm and F 8:25am-9:20am, in Physics 208 (the same classroom as our lectures). Thanks for your patience while we worked to schedule these. The first recitation will be Friday, Aug 30 at 8:25am in Physics 208.
Office hours for this class will be Wednesdays 9-10am and 3:30-4:30, or by appointment. They will be held in my office, Physics 229B. Please attend them if you have any questions about the course or the work!
Also, the calendar for the course has been posted under the schedule tab. It includes the dates for the midterms and final exam.
Here is a list of things to make sure you do the first week of class:
- take the pre-assessment survey on the blackboard website (it counts as 100% for a single HW assignment, regardless of your score on the survey)
- Sign up for the SAGE self-assessment. You should get an email later this week with a link (https://sage.syr.edu/ )